St. Philippine Duchesne Award
Each year the Alumnae Association presents an award to the outstanding member of the graduating class who best exemplifies the ideals of her Sacred Heart Education. The student receiving the St. Philippine Duchesne award is chosen by her classmates and is one who:
- Exhibits Christian values in all her choices, while expressing her faith in liturgy, prayer, community service, and daily life.
- Has a sense of personal responsibility and the ability to make decisions and to live with the consequences of her decisions, and the strength to tell the truth and to stand up for what is right.
- Demonstrates a “family spirit” which means she is aware and concerned with every need, every joy, and every sorrow which call for interest, service and self-giving.
- Expresses gratitude and realizes that she has a responsibility to make a difference in the building of a world of peace and justice.
- Takes her studies seriously, thinks critically, and promotes an atmosphere which fosters a love of learning